The National Sales Executive- International is responsible at a national level for securing new business from companies currently not using Penske as well as upselling to in-house domestic accounts to increase Penske wallet share. We are looking for a candidate who is dynamic, highly motivated, reliable and who understands and appreciates the importance of a team effort to achieve goals.
The candidate should be able to use a consultative sales approach to gain business. The NSE will be required to design solutions for prospect customers and onboard new customer effectively to hand off to operations team.
Experience from an international NVOCC and/or airfreight background is required. Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of inside and outside sales techniques and procedures. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Previous experience in Freight Forwarding industry preferred
• Hands on experience of international air/ocean & import/export
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or similar field of study with emphasis in: International Business, Logistics/Supply Chain, Marketing, Psychology, Sales, or Transportation a plus
• Preferred to have current IATA dangerous goods certification & STA status
• Experience in collaborating across multiple departments to achieve goals
• Must have strong attention to detail and effective communications skills
• Strong customer focus
• Must be skilled in Problem Solving / Process Improvement.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive situations
• Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
• Collaborate and build relationships with customers, regarding air, ocean, import, and export products
• Knowledge of state, federal, and international applicable laws, and regulations i.e., customs, TSA, security, and all other import and export government agencies that regulate international trade
• Basic knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities
• Manages complex transactional or emotional customer situations promptly and professionally
• Timely preparation of rates and quotes for customers and overseas agents
• Support the development of existing and new customers
• Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as Penske personnel
• Team player with flexibility in working different shifts
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Headquartered in Reading, Pa., Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies throughout the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and international freight forwarding and carrier management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.