Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Manager, Service Center 3, you'll be recruiting, selecting, training and supervising employees, while maximizing employee engagement and maintaining clear communication on every level. We believe that a positive work environment creates happy employees, encouraging them to be more dedicated, empowered, and productive. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Supervise all employees reporting to the Service Center, including tracking and auditing employees' hours, handling payroll issues and personnel changes, administering corrective action and monitoring the coaching, training, and development of your staff
- Plan the daily manpower needs to ensure freight is delivered and picked up in a timely manner
- Provide clear and frequent information to all employees about Service Center productivity and company policies and procedures
- Research, monitor, and implement all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies; maintain clean and safe working conditions of the facility and equipment
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as all company policies/procedures
- Route proper documentation and oversee procedure control for hazardous material shipments
- Identify opportunities for improvement and execute action plans to increase efficiencies
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) industry, transportation rules and regulations, OSHA standards, hazardous materials regulations, NMFC and Tariff rules, and company policies and procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- A valid driver's license
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends; travel as needed
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree, 4 years of related work experience or equivalent military experience
- Experience with process improvement and the use of Lean and/or Six Sigma
- Forklift experience
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work with excellent organizational skills
- Experience in an LTL environment
- Solid analytical skills
- Exceptional leadership, communication, presentation, and administrative skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Work outdoors in inclement weather
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.