Vice President Sales
Our client Performance Team, a Maersk Company is a progressive growth oriented National Third Party Dedicated Logistics provider. With an extensive prestigious list of mass retail, apparel, e-commerce and CPG Fortune 50, 100 and 500 companies. Performance Team a Maersk company has established an aggressive strategic plan to continue to capture additional market share.
El Segundo, CA
Provide sales leadership to develop and support new and existing sales for all complex integrated fulfilment and omni-channel warehousing solutions spanning existing and new facilities within North America. Responsibilities include the identification, value proposition and sales of all fulfilment solutions, offering an integrated approach in synergy with the related account teams. The VP of Sales/ Business Development will report into the Head of Technical Sales.
- Build in-depth understanding of Performance Team (PT) Fulfilment, omni-channel products and service offerings.
- Assist in developing the organizations overall sales strategy & associated business plan, formulate a business development strategy for PT sales and generate targeted business for the Fulfilment product.
- Proactively develop compelling, sustainable, mutually- beneficial integrated service offerings consistent with PT strategies.
- Ensure execution of sales plans, programs, build a pipeline, identify and prioritize sales targets, responsible for overall achievement of sales objectives for all Contract Logistics products.
- Direct and control preparations to determine pursuit approach, client proposals, solution structure and sales tactics to achieve warehouse and distribution (WnD) sales goals
- Identify specific accounts and opportunities as targets.
- Provides initiative oversight and supports sales resources to develop projects and opportunities. Collaborate with Operations and Maersk Commercial to identify business that compliments the PT core service offerings.
- Critically evaluate business propositions and recommend short- and long-term strategies/in addition, highlight deficiencies or impediments to business development
- Plan, organize and build the sales and support team competencies necessary to sell, develop, and deliver full solution offerings.
- Negotiate with customer and stakeholders to ensure completion of a final contract
- Seek out, target and initiate contact with major prospective customers within assigned markets. Develop network of contacts, qualify, and assess targeted accounts with inputs from Maersk Commercial Teams.
- Monitor Outstanding Proposals and adherence to agreed contractual credit terms
- Build influential partnering relationships; establish multi-level contact points with key clients.
- Collaborate and build good working partnership with Operations, Finance and Facility management teams. Fully understand customers' goals, objectives, and business needs. Target information and solutions based on customers' requirements; recommend solutions that serve the customers' business objective and ensure differentiation of PT from competitors.
- Deliver budgets Gross Profit target and help achieve high utilization of PT assets (facilities and trucking)
- Develop and manage strategically important relationships that further business development activity. Work closely with Marketing to monitor and analyze market trends and competitive issues.
- Monitor and share market feedback with PT leadership. Identify performance and/or product gaps and address with PT leadership.
- Participate in joint customer visits with Maersk Commercial Owners.
- Analyze and interpret data and develop clear and informative methods to present operational information, for all Fulfilment projects and focused engineering to execute on startup operations.
- Track competitor and industry trends, ensure best practice implementation
- Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies and procedures
- Evaluate the team structure and plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group, ensure effective workforce planning to facilitate commercial continuity.
- Supervise and develop team through constant feedback & communication, goal setting & performance evaluation, learning and development initiatives, career planning and mentoring.
- Effectively represent PT in interactions with external stakeholders, including customers and professional associations and represent department in internal meetings, when required
- Develop key metrics to assess operational performance including KPIs
- Ensure compliance with PT and Maersk values and federal, state and local laws & regulations
- Performs other position related duties as specified by management
Education and Experience:
- BA, BS, Master's degree preferred and or higher degree of education
- 10 plus years of industry experience, preferably in Fulfillment and Contract Logistics with sales management experience