The Import Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the work of Import Agents in the Ocean CHB Import Department. The Supervisor ensures that the agents effectively and efficiently handle the movement of inbound containers and LCL freight according to customers' requirements.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the functions of Import Agents: prioritizing work, determining schedules, assigning daily tasks, establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet changing demands, ensuring optimum efficiency of all activities
- Ensures staff are meeting KPIs and other department goals
- Supervise and assist in daily import activities, resolving complaints, ensuring timeliness of work completion and re-prioritizing of work flow in critical situations. Continuously monitors service levels provided to customers
- Reports customer complaints and escalated shipping problems (i.e., delayed, missing, or damaged freight; strikes; embargoes, etc.) to management and participates in problem resolution planning.
- Oversees billing processes, coordinates collections and resolves major billing problems;
- Reviews and updates customer profiles, reviews and updates rate structures, supports the sales department with customer information, rates etc.
Supervises Import Agents. Carries out supervisory responsibilities according to the organization's management policies, procedures and any applicable laws. Responsibilities may include determining staffing needs, hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, providing on going feedback, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues and resolving problems.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have knowledge of import operations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.