Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
As the Senior Warehouse General Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient operation of the warehouse, including order fulfillment, shipping, receiving and inventory control activities. If you are ready to take your career to the next level with a rapidly expanding global company, join GXO!
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Provide daily supervision of warehouse associates to ensure the safe, clean and efficient operation of
- the warehouse
- Maintain work schedules and work assignments
- Ensure time and attendance is properly maintained, monitored and approved in a timely manner
- Handle all equipment for efficient utilization, and coordinate all equipment maintenance needs
- Hire, train, develop and appraise staff effectively; take corrective action as necessary in a timely
- manner and in accordance with company policies
- Provide direction, development and leadership for managers and supervisors
- Establish and meet site objectives in the areas of financial performance, safety, quality and customer
- service while maintaining compliance with all applicable internal and external policies
- Train, maintain and model the 7S Workplace Organization standard
- Ensure all safety procedures and policies are followed
- Partner with staff to manage and always maintain appropriate stock
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 5 years of managerial/supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and computerized scanner equipment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which
- may include weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's or master's degree
- Experience in supply chain management in a distribution environment
- 3 years of leadership experience in Third-party Logistics (3PL)
- Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) knowledge
- and experience
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
- Proven successful employee engagement and retention strategies with the ability to inspire and
- motivate the workforce
- Working knowledge of financial accounting, including developing and/or managing a P&L
- Solid problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis skills
- Strong skills monitoring and enforcing safety measures and policies for internal team members and
- external vendors, including coaching to ensure a safe work environment
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.