Pilot has the best employees in the transportation and logistics industry!
E SSENTIAL F UNCTIONS :
• Inspecting all furniture that comes through the warehouse to make sure it meets company standards
• Evaluate damages and select appropriate methods of repair and/or restoration for wood furniture, leather, fabric and upholstery
• Maintain inventory and stock records within refurbishing department and order supplies required to perform daily tasks
• Utilizing tools and other specialized machinery to repair furniture
• Assisting with delivery of said products to homes and other locations
• ability to assist with off-loading trailers manually (no forklifts)
• Ability to assist with pulling delivery routes
• Other duties as requested
• Ability to assemble & repair furniture carefully and accurately
• Strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced environment
• Efficiency with color matching and blending
• Able to read, write and speak English
Additional Job Details :
• High School degree or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years' experience working with wood furniture, leather, fabric and upholstery
This position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Position requires employees to frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, use hands, reach, bend and lift objects above their head. Employees must be able to regularly lift/move up to 75 pounds.. Position requires regular use of a phone and a PC and reading and writing of various shipping documents.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
If you are interested in working with a talented, passionate and dedicated team of professionals in a rapidly growing industry, Pilot wants to hear from you!
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: