POSITION SUMMARY: The Heavy Equipment Technician performs repairs and maintenance on heavy equipment, compact heavy equipment, light service equipment, and light trucks. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, preventative maintenance inspections, hydraulic, fuel, exhaust, brakes, suspension, electrical, HVAC, and emission systems.
Call Jenny (855) 877-4829 to learn more about our opportunities!
- Maintains advanced knowledge to diagnose and repair mechanical problems on heavy equipment.
- Performs repair or preventative maintenance on electrical, diesel and gasoline vehicles, including compactor, excavator, wheel loader, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs and maintenance would include work on engines, transmissions, chassis, drivelines and body components, hydraulic, brake, electrical and suspension systems, wheels, tires and undercarriages.
- Reads and interprets equipment condition reports and/or repair orders, communicate with supervisor and/or operator for clarification of defects and discuss preventive techniques with operators to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage and accounting for applied times (i.e., work order times compared to time card times).
- Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage, and provide information for input into Dossier, Republic Services Fleet Management Software system.
- Collects and interprets analyses from oil sampling, on-board computer, and fleet management software.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs overhauls on gas or diesel engines.
- Advanced knowledge in air brakes, tires, hydraulics, advanced electrical, advanced drive train knowledge, suspension, steering and wheel-end components training as evidenced by ASE Certification.
- At least 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior experience as a technician working on heavy equipment, demonstrating the ability to service increasingly more challenging maintenance repairs.Mechanical Trade School certificate or degree
- Certificate in electrical diagnostics.
- Applicable ASE certifications.
- Working knowledge of Tier 4 emission systems.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position requiring knowledge and application of OSHA Haz Com; OSHA Lock Out Tag Out and all OSHA Fire Protection regulations.
Please click APPLY BELOW and complete the short application that follows. You are still welcome to call Jenny with any questions at (855) 877-4829.