Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Smith Services, a division of Timken Drive Systems and Services, is currently seeking a Principal EHS Analyst to support operations. This position will be based at our Princeton, WV service center.
This position has responsibility for establishing strategic direction with the EHS team and leadership for the development, implementation, and ongoing management of environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs for the following DSS sites (Eastern Division): Smith Services, New Haven, CT; New Castle, DE; Portland, ME; King of Prussia, PA; Birmingham, AL; and Union, SC. Ensures compliance with all federal, state, local and company rules and regulations. Identify gaps between current EH&S practices and the organizations EHS management system. Eliminate gaps to comply with EHS management systems that are in place. Incumbent plans, implements, and coordinates programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, and financial losses. Develops and maintains accident prevention and loss control systems and programs into operational policies of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge in OSHA / EPA regulations, knowledge in MSHA and DOT regulations a plus.
- Collaborate with corporate EHS, divisional EHS, insurance companies, customers, and site leadership including operations managers and floor supervisors.
- Develop / assist in development / enhancement of divisions EHS policies, procedures, training modules / materials, and deliver training per regulator and company standards at each site as needed.
- Support divisional EHS with OSHA, EPA, MSHA, DOT compliance, third party auditing databases i.e. ISNetworld, special projects, specialized training, field service training workshops, recordkeeping, SDS management, ergonomic assessments, inspections, audits, behavioral observations.
- Manage regions compliance calendar (Gensuite), ensure tasks are entered as needed, support sites as needed, verify all regulatory tasks are complete, and review completion documentation.
- Manage individual sites training matrix, properly document training for managers, supervisors, site employees, and field service employees.
- Strong understanding of EPA regulations, including waste, storm water, wastewater, air, SPCC, etc.
- Work with waste vendors to ensure efficiency and compliance in waste management including scheduling disposal pick-ups, profiles, manifest, tracking volume and related costs.
- Experience in EPA related permitting such as air, storm water, non-exposure, etc.
- Provide equal service to all departments within Timken Drive Systems and Services groups: Smith Services, New Haven, New Castle, Portland, and King of Prussia, Birmingham, and Carolina.
- Lead the formation of tactical teams to evaluate the strategic safety initiatives addressing the gaps, opportunities, and best practices.
- Collaborate with Timken corporate EHS on all corporate initiatives and reporting as well as collaborate with balance of DSS group as needed.
- Oversee and track all energy savings cost initiatives.
- Conduct site and field audits and inspections including document review, hazardous conditions, behaviors, and observations. Work with site leadership, offer solutions and support, track action items to completion.
- Review new machinery, safety protective gear and chemical request, review appropriate technical data, identify any regulatory requirements / standards or risk related to new chemicals and equipment, and identify hazards and safe solutions prior to implementing chemical, equipment, or process into the work environment.
- Ensure that the implemented tactics deliver the expected measurable and achievable results. Ensure the delivery of results that justify the implementation of the safety initiative.
- Support investigation of all accidents, near misses, properly damage incidents, assist / guide managers during investigation, assist with corrective plans, report as required in company database / OSHA logs, work with workers comp carrier, and lead return to work program.
- Represent the organization in community and industry safety groups, meetings, and programs.
- Drive a strong safety culture to minimize health, safety, environmental risk to protect company associates, property, and to comply with regulatory and customer requirements.
- Other EH&S duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills; effective presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT, EH&S
- Ability to work alone and with a team / ability to work with minimal direction and supervision
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- PC and Microsoft Office knowledge (especially Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in health/safety/environmental science)
- 7+ years' experience in an EHS role
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.