POSITION SUMMARY: The Stationary EquipmentTechnician performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, industrial electrical systems, 480V balers, conveyor systems and compactors.
Call Alton (855) 877-4847 to learn more about our opportunities!
- Diagnoses mechanical problems using charts, diagnostic software, technical manuals and expertise.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Repairs or replaces parts, such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings, using mechanic's hand tools.
- Replaces conveyor belts, electrical motors, hydraulic cylinders and other mechanical parts.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or equipment operators for clarification of problems. May discuss preventive techniques with equipment users and vehicle drivers to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for applied times (work order times versus time card times).
- Complete daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage, and provide information for input in Republic Services Dossier (Fleet Management Software) system.
- May repair and install plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on rolling stock (forklift, skid steers, trailers and front loaders).
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- PLC troubleshooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience working with conveyors.
- Valid driver's license.
- Mechanical or trade school certificate.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1 year of related equipment maintenance and repair or trade school certification.
Please click APPLY BELOW and complete the short application that follows. You are still welcome to call Alton with any questions at (855) 877-4847.