Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Logistics at full potential.
At GXO Logistics, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Manager, Solutions Engineering, you will use engineering and consulting skills to deliver proposal management, project delivery and engineering/consulting process management. You will also find opportunities through rigorous data collection and investigation, crafting marketable solutions for clients and identifying, proposing, and delivering key initiatives that improve the client's supply chain operations. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a growing career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Lead and develop a team of professional supply chain engineers, analysts and project managers, continually increasing collective capabilities and skills
- Handle projects to completion and ensure savings commitments are met
- Develop and standardize a beneficial approach to customer's supply chain challenges, employing analysis, innovation and prior experience
- Perform analyses, data mining and simulations to identify and scope opportunities within the customer's supply chain
- Define supply chain requirements and solutions approach while ensuring the gathering of accurate information and performing detailed solution design
- Identify gaps in existing customer supply chain data availability; develop measurement plan, execute collection activities, and ensure data integrity
- Identify, select, and deploy use of optimization/decision support tools to perform global supply chain studies, packaging and material flow analyses, routing optimization and transportation rate analyses
- Build and integrate supply chain cost models to quantify total cost of ownership opportunities and subsequent savings
- Instruct team in Lean methodologies; deliver verifiable productivity via Lean methodology
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience in one or more key functional areas: supply chain management, logistics, decision support systems/technology, transportation, or distribution management
- 4 years of experience leading engineering teams
- Strong computer skills, including analysis, spreadsheet, and database proficiency (Access and Excel, etc.)
- Network modeling experience
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Industrial Engineering
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Ability to deal with complex, urgent situations
- Aptitude for understanding and solving problems in logistics finance management processes
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art technology and supply chain standard methodologies
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.