Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
At GXO Logistics, we are looking for people who can effectively incorporate strategies to help people work smarter. As the Data Engineer, you will be responsible for defining, designing, and implementing data pipelines, data engineering solutions and analytics components to support strategic initiatives and ongoing business processes. You will develop solutions that leverage, integrate with, and expand upon the company's Business Intelligence (BI) platform technologies and patterns.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Deliver and drive efforts in developing BI/data solutions focused on data engineering and analytics using Python, Machine Learning, RDBMS, R, SQL, Data Modeling, Java, Unix Scripting, AWS, MicroStrategy, Power BI and MPP databases
- Troubleshoot technical issues in existing processes and current development work, solicit assistance from other roles and groups, and energize resolution to ensure the integrity of platform quality and project timelines
- Understand and improve shared standard patterns, templates and artifacts for BI and data warehouse platform architecture, data science development approaches, data models and new technology adoption and rollout
- Work creatively with IT and business teams to identify and document use cases, performance and capability requirements, and criteria for successful solution delivery
- Mentor other team members on technical skills, best practices, problem-solving approaches, and standard patterns used at GXO
- Proactively generalize and share technical approaches and best practices among other developers, and simplify and communicate completed work to broader audiences across the company
- Help support data consumers to ensure they have reliable access to trusted data including periodic responsibility for 24/7 on-call production support
What you need to succeed at GXO
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of experience in data engineering and research and delivering business solutions that rely on business intelligence, data warehousing, data science or similar domains
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree
- Data Science specialization from Coursera, Udacity, Data Camp, etc.
- R and Python certifications; Certified Business Intelligence Professional from TDWI; Data Management Professional from DAMA; certifications in data modeling and data engineering
- 5 years of experience in data engineering and research, and in delivering solutions in at least two of the following: data science, big data, R or Python, and machine learning
- Experience in handling 1000+ lines of complex SQL codes to deliver data-based solutions in both development and data research work
- Knowledge of cloud solutions (preferably in Amazon suite of products) and data analytics and visualization using R and Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow and Keras)
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of Data Management Book of Knowledge (DMBOK) core concepts (general data management, governance, architecture, development, security, quality, metadata management, MDM, etc.)
- Experience building logical data models, physical data models and normalizing techniques with 3NF (using tools like ERWin)
- Experience working with MPP databases like Netezza, Redshift or Teradata, and data pipelines using Informatica (Power Center and Power Exchange) and python/data glue
- Capability to research, summarize and characterize large or small data sets with varying degrees of fidelity or quality, and identify and explain any insights or patterns within them
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.