Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: The Associate Quality Engineer is responsible for problem solving and root cause analysis regarding quality issues that arise in the chain and auger business. The Associate Quality Engineer helps develop process documentation, provides training to Operators and Quality Technicians, and works with Customers and Suppliers to insure product quality is met. The Associate Quality Engineer reports to the Quality Manager.
Essential Job Duties:
- Collaborates with Quality Technicians, Engineering and Operators to resolve manufacturing issues, improve product quality and inspection criteria.
- Helps resolve customer issues and participates in the problem-solving exercise through root cause analysis and improvement plan following the 8D methodology.
- Works with Quality Technicians to insure incoming goods conformance. Issues complaints to suppliers and follows up on corrective action plans.
- Participates in the product certification process to make sure products are compliant with customer requirements.
- Develops and maintains PFMEA's, control plans, and work instructions as needed.
- Assists in third party audits. Participates in Internal Audit activities.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Verifies engineering change notices are communicated and followed.
- Process PPAP documentation from Suppliers and for Customers.
- Aid in implementing corrective actions and finding root cause for customer complaints.
- Implement projects to improve processes, increase product quality and reliability and enhance process capability.
- Support technical needs of the quality department.
- Promotes, supports, and implements process improvements within the quality department.
- Understands and utilizes quality methods and procedures.
- Additional duties will be required upon request.
- A self-starter who can collaborate with other Engineers, Technicians, and Operators.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to manage project timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with peers, all levels of management and external customers.
- Ability to problem solve independently and with others.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality work.
- Contribute to the internal audit team as necessary.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, database information sources and web applications.
- Ability to interpret CAD drawings.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor of Science in Quality, Mechanical, Industrial, or related Engineering discipline.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.