Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Together, We'll Keep the World Moving Forward. Not everyone knows what Timken makes. But you'll recognize what we make possible. Timken engineers solutions that keep the world moving by offering products and services to keep the world's equipment, machinery and vehicles in motion. Everywhere from NASCAR® to NASA.
Job Summary: Set-up and operate Milling machines adhering to the safety, quality and quantity standards of Aurora Bearing Company.
- Perform all duties as assigned in a safe and efficient manner with an emphasis on quality. Follow Company and departmental procedures, including regular attendance and punctuality. Follow all safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. Report any unusual conditions or situations to Lead Person or Supervisor.
- Select and change cutters, vises, collets and collet pads, shims and indicate insert of high speed cutters, set speeds and feeds, set air pressure, set size.
- Adjust dogs, change inserts, reverse cutters, adjust center, set mill height, stops, cycle times, set gauges,
- Run 1st piece part, make necessary adjustments to attain quality characteristics per print specifications and complete necessary paperwork to attain a set-up approval.
- Load parts in vise, cycle machine, check parts at designated intervals and make necessary adjustments to maintain quality characteristics of part per print specifications throughout machining operations.
- Package and tag parts, complete all required paperwork.
- Move parts to and from work area and scale as needed.
- Maintain all machine fluid levels
- Sign out all necessary gauging equipment from Q.A. and set gauges per print specifications
Knowledge: General machine aptitude, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division of whole numbers including decimals, conversion of metrics, ability to read and understand blueprints and various gauging equipment.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software: Washer, basic hand tools, micrometer, gauging equipment, two-wheel hand dolly, die cart/lifter, pallet lifter, weigh scale.
- High School Diploma or GED (validation is required)
- Manufacturing and machine operating experience
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- STD and LTD
- Health savings account (with company provided contribution)
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- ...and much more!
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.