Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Manager, Customer Service is responsible for the leadership, direction, and operations of the Customer Service team for the Los Alamitos facility. Ensure specific customer requirements and world class customer service satisfaction levels are met through the effective management of the team, systems and other resources. Establish and maintain strong relationships within all levels of the organization to drive Operational Excellence including sales, production, quality, materials and engineering. Utilizes a team-based approach to problem solving and initiates and drives the practice of Lean techniques. Within the department the position must closely supervise the day-to-day activity to ensure timely and accurate order processing and responses to customer requests. Experience with setting and attaining service goals in a collaborative environment, and the ability to work with both new and tenured staff from a wide variety of backgrounds is critical. Leads the departments Continuous Improvement efforts in customer support and service.
- Establish and drive departmental objectives to ensure customer service inquiries are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures and share best practices across all depts.
- Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service for both internal and external customers.
- Manage escalated customer situations, working with associates and resolving issues when needed.
- Interface with Product Sales Management, Outside Sales, & Marketing in negotiation of major contracts.
- Maintain and cultivate customer relationships and provide hands-on support to major accounts.
- Develop new business relationships in order to promote growth (up-selling) of accounts.
- Demonstrate leadership for on-going enhancements to departmental systems.
- Provide the focus of customers' needs to the Operations group and work with other departments to satisfy those needs. Work with Production Management and Quality Management to monitor customer service levels.
- Provide performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to Customer Service staff.
- Create and maintain high quality work environment in order to motivate team members to perform at their highest level. Foster a participative and collaborative work environment.
- Provide department training and developmental needs encouraging continuous improvement. Serve as a mentor and role model for account team members.
- Develop Customer Service Satisfaction Survey and determine method of deployment, frequency of distribution, incentives, metrics measurement and reporting. Collect customer intelligence on service metrics.
- Manage compliance requirements, other duties may be assigned
- Min. Bachelor's degree and/or 5+ yrs. previous management experience in related field
- Demonstrated solid negotiation & customer service skills
- Knowledge of business planning process
- Proven leadership and employee development experience
- Experience in aerospace
- Knowledge of bearing repair business a plus
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.