Join our leadership team and help drive the continued growth of HD Supply Facilities Maintenance! In this role, you will lead, coach and develop a team of driver leads and dedicated fleet drivers. You will create strategies for route efficiencies, on-time delivery and ensure the continued safety performance.
- Bachelor's degree not required.
- Prior experience leading a large team of non-union associates in a fast paced warehouse/distribution environment.
- Expertise on DOT policies and procedures.
- Hazmat knowledge is plus.
- SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge preferred.
- RoadNet or similar transportation software experience.
- Samsara or similar in-cab video.
- Fleet management and asset management experience is a plus.
- MS Office Suite, MS Excel for reporting purposes
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation.
- Solid proven history of making strides in employee engagement.
Other perks of joining HD Supply are:
- Monday - Friday - no weekends!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Annual Bonus Eligibility
Direct and coordinate the dedicated delivery operations at the distribution center, including direct supervision of the delivery drivers, route management, DOT and Hazardous Material compliance, and fleet maintenance.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Leads, directs and trains the delivery driver team.
- Ensures compliance with all safety, hazmat and DOT requirements.
- Manages routes to ensure the most cost efficient delivery operations.
- Oversees and performs routine vehicle inspection and maintains proper records.
- Coaches and develops delivery drivers, including accompanying drivers on routes for evaluation purposes.
Nature and Scope
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.