Perform requirements gathering, design, build, test, and documentation activities for packaged software applications. Work under the direction of a project manager as part of a team to deliver large-scale business solutions or enhancement projects. Responsible for leading a team to complete the configuration of a solution for an entire business function or process.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Leads discussions to gather detailed requirements from business users for whole business processes and/or functions on approved projects and enhancements to existing projects using organization specific business analysis techniques.
- Leads the design and development for whole business processes and/or functions on approved projects and on enhancements to existing projects. Approves designs by junior members of a project team.
- Performs program configuration/modification and set-up activities using specific HD Supply methodologies.
- Identifies impact to business resulting from newly configured or improved business functionalities and identifies methods for addressing business change impacts.
- Coordinates user acceptance testing (UAT) with the business client.
- Prepares System Requirement Documents, functional specifications, and test and user documentation.
- Prepares status reports to update the Project Manager on day-to-day activities and statuses. Executes quarterly security audits and participates in internal and external audits.
- Responsible for maintaining SOX controls in application security design and administration, including building roles, module and data permissions, and assigning roles to privileged users.
Nature and Scope
- Displays the highest level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-departmental problems. Makes prompt, sound decisions when faced with complex and often contradictory alternatives that result in successful outcomes.
- Operates with considerable latitude. Situations may have little or no precedent requiring original or new concepts or approaches without guidance from others. Reaches decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
- Develops or engages/directs others in developing innovative solutions to important, highly complex strategic and operating problems; cross-departmental considerations are often present.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 8+ years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.