Performs product audits within one or more distribution centers. Conducts physical audits of products to ensure the data governance team has accurate product information, including weight, dimensions, and barcodes.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Selects, locates, and picks warehouse products from audit lists.
- Measures and records product dimensions using scanning equipment.
- Exports and shares daily audit files with the data governance team.
- Optimizes space utilization by maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Stays current on industry measurement and packaging guidelines.
- Uses warehouse equipment to move inventory, including operating forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Reports inventory and audit issues to supervisor.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors, such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.