Financial Analyst - Freight Pay(Job Number: 2211204)
Financial Analyst - Freight Pay
A Penske Financial Analyst for Freight Pay provides analysis and metrics for Freight Pay and Finance core processes and is responsible for knowledge of all systems. Position will provide critical accounting and analytical support for various processes as well as provide additional support to other functional areas. Associate will provide freight pay process/finance and analytical support to various functions and act as a liaison with other functional areas to achieve results.
- Analyze, develop, and provide automated solutions impacting Freight Pay and Financial controllership
- Develop automated solutions for analysis around financial statements and Freight Pay
- Identify gaps in Freight Pay and Finance, and drive root cause analysis, process improvement, and develop/document SOP's to improve
- P&L experience
- Ensure financial payment flows from the customer to the company and from the company to the carrier timely
- Work with customer, corporate departments, operations, and carrier to ensure resolution and process improvement
- KPI develop and tracking in all areas of Freight Pay and Financials
- Other projects or tasks as assigned by supervisor
Skills and competencies
- Excellent data management and working knowledgebase required
- Strong Analytical and presentation skills required
- Process mapping experience required.
- Data mining and report tool (experience Crystal, Business Objects, etc.) preferred
- Quality program certification (Six Sigma, ISO, LEAN, etc.) preferred
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and Access required
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Powerpoint required
- Hybrid home/office schedules
- Medical, vision, dental, short term and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k match and cash balance plan
- Company discounts
- At least 3 years financial analytics experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance / Accounting required.
- P&L experience
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Up to 10% travel, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.