Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
As the Industrial Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying facility design and personnel requirements to help keep our operations running smoothly. You'll also develop work instructions and update standard operating procedures. As a part of the GXO team, you'll have a starring role in helping us continue to provide daily business solutions for our global customers.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Identify facility design requirements based on activity levels, product dimensional profiles, product flow and transportation methods
- Develop production time studies, head count analyses, downtime analyses, efficiency improvement plans, warehouse slotting and SKU velocity analyses
- Identify bottlenecks and improve flow; analyze inbound, outbound and inventory operations to create and maintain optimum warehouse operations
- Perform value stream mapping, process improvements and standardization across multiple sites
- Assist pricing and solutions teams in providing operational cost and other key info needed for RFPs
- Track KPIs and develop basic analytics for all operational metrics
- Work with vendors to identify operational equipment and automation solutions
- Develop and manage project plans for major operational improvement activities
- Support the Maintenance department by developing list of critical spare parts, min/max tracker; daily P&L tracking for Finance
- Convert contract documents, proposals and statements of work into work instructions and operating procedures; submit ISO-compliant work instructions and standard operating procedure documents to the Quality Management System (QMS)
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of engineering experience
- Experience with analytical tools such as flow charts, Pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams, run charts, etc.
- Microsoft Office experience
It'd be great if you also have:
- Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt designation
- Availability to travel up to 25% at times
- Experience with BI software such as Tableau, Power BI, Data Studio, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Ability to compose thorough and detailed technical documentation, job aids, procedures manuals, etc.
- Ability to develop insightful, value-added and actionable research with detailed explanations regarding drivers of those results; ability to produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.