First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
About the Position
Join the First Transit team as a General Manager in Riverside, CA. First Transit General Managers are committed to safety, customer service, and hands-on experience in all transportation business areas. The manager will initiate, develop, and maintain a successful contract relationship.
- Handles all contractual services, including operations, administrative functions, and information systems, and provides oversight of safety, training, and maintenance departments as well.
- Ensures compliance with all company procedures and policies.
- Ensures services are provided within budget and action plans developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Maintains company and contractual assets (vehicles, facilities, inventories, tools, and equipment).
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Analyze, prepare, and develops budgets and forecasts.
- Assesses resource needs, problems, and trends and plans accordingly.
- Develops action plans to ensure customer retention.
- Assures a safe working environment.
- Provides and promotes effective communications with customers.
- Provides leadership and guidance to develop location and company bench strength.
- Establishes training goals and requirements for all personnel.
- Satisfies client, corporate, and contractual reporting requirements and needs.
- Assists in technical sales support and develops sales leads.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required/Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Requires 3-5 years of recent and relevant direct experience managing in transit
- Prior experience working with collective bargaining agreement
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have evidence of building solid relationships with supervisors, peers, and subordinates
- Excellent communication skills
- Successful track record in managing budgets and/or P&L responsibility.
- Ability to effectively and appropriately communicate and/or collaborate with agencies, directors, elected officials, operators, and all levels of hourly and salaried employees, including senior management.
- Must be a self-starter able to obtain successful results without supervision.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. Thanks to our strong presence across North America, we believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer, and by doing so, we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.