Sandvik Mining & Rock, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. We are looking for a Logistics Engineer in our Continuous Improvement Department for our Chicago Warehouse operations.
The Logistics Engineer is a vital role in our Continuous Improvement Department involved with implementation of new technologies and procedures within the region. This is a problem solver role, analysing or implementing comprehensive supply chain solutions. They collect data, perform statistical and mapping analysis, design customized solutions and work in a team environment to develop or implement processes and service solutions. Act as a regional WMS/TMS custodian to ensure systems configuration is continuously improved and requests for service and system support are addressed appropriately.
Main responsibilities Include:
- Improve existing and develop new logistic and supply chain solutions within SMRT P&S Logistics.
- Continuously fine tune WMS/TMS systems configuration and ensure that requests for service and system support are addressed appropriately and in a timely and professional manner.
- Development and management of WHM engineered standards within region.
- Proactively apply supply chain expertise and analysis on operations in regional network.
- Identify improvements, develop proposals and project manage implementation of new technologies and procedures with the intention of reducing costs. Increasing customer service levels and improving the safety culture.
- Set the standards for continuous improvement activities in region.
- Coordinate and partner with other global hubs to ensure best practices are shared, adopted and are compliant with SMRT policies and objectives.
- Keep abreast of emerging industry trends and technologies to ensure that SMRT P&S Logistics continuously improves process efficiencies and customer service effectiveness.
Experience and Required Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in facility management
- 2-6 years' experience in Supply Chain Environment or Project Management
- Blue Yonder experience
- Required Competencies
Success in this position requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and a strong desire to engage with colleagues while handling multiple tasks simultaneously. The individual must have in-depth and up to date knowledge of supply chains and market trends, analytical and commercial skills, experience with working in WMS/TMS configuration.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online online below.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.