Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
Hours: Sun-Thurs 9am-6pm
Pay rate: $22-28/hr. based on level of experience
401K from day one!
Benefits after 30 days!
Profit Sharing after 90 days!
Repairs and maintains all heavy tractor, trailer, refrigeration units, and converter dolly units.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs Diesel engines, Gas Engines, refrigeration units, and all systems/components related to heavy duty tractors, trailers, and refrigeration units.
- Performs and interprets diagnostic testing to determine malfunctions on all equipment types.
- Performs daily inspection and preventative maintenance of equipment and follow-up on driver's write-ups to make repairs as necessary.
- Performs general cutting and welding as necessary.
- Makes road calls to repair equipment as necessary.
- Assists in repair of shop equipment including garage doors and all power tools.
- Determines if rolling stock is safe to operate or needs to be serviced.
- Completes all reporting accurately and in a timely manner and communicates status of current assignment to management.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Drives vehicles and moves equipment in, out, and around the shop.
- Delivers and/or picks up techs at vendors when equipment needs additional service.
- May be required to drive a company vehicle to another garage or to meet another fleet technician for parts.
- Follows all safety protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Holland Fifth Wheel Training (Certificate)
- Stemco Wheel End Training (Certificate)
- Michelin Tire Training (Certificate)
- 608/609 A/C Certification
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) Class C Operator (Certificate)
- Hoist Operation (Certificate)
- Able to properly inspect frames, pintle boxes and side rails
- Able to Identify major components
- Competent using Fleet Focus
- Able to perform GFS Preventative Maintenance (PM) inspection
- Able to diagnose and repair components (i.e. starters, alternators, batteries, etc...)
- Able to diagnose and repair lighting issues
- Has completed the first half of Volvo Online Training (modules C & D)
- Able to weld steel
- Able to diagnose and repair brake system (also able to explain Service side and Emergency side)
- Has completed Emissions Component training
- Qualifies for brake and annual inspection certification (1 yr exp or attended certified PM program)
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO US!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.