Air & Ocean Export Coordinator / 1-2 days Remote
We are a small to midsized forwarder with the ambition to grow further in the ever-expanding United States market.
There will be enough room to develop yourself and we will offer personal training which is required for the job.
The job is for all commodities (normal, DG, oversized, etc.) and you will be handling Air/Ocean/Rail/Road and warehousing shipments. Predominantly, we move mostly airfreight but are developing an ocean freight program as well.
- We are looking for someone who is not afraid to take up on this challenge and who is willing to invest in a growing young company with high ambitions.
- Work from home 1-2 days per week! Office is located in Inwood, NY
- Management of exports by air, sea and land, from the reception and documentation, to managing the delivery with transport company and forwarders.
- Responsibility for the coordination of international freight forwarding with specific of usual handling to/from different markets (destinations/origins), receiving of customers' orders.
- Daily contact with customers, freight forwarders, customs agents, transport Companies and other logistics operators, in addition to the resolution of possible incidences with customers, and daily contact with them.
- Keeping of orders in company database. Issuing of debit notes to customers and filling of expenses from providers.
- Filing AES with customs and being knowledgeable of that process
- Entering information into KSMS system.
- Daily work in the logistic software of the company - Cargowise experience is a plus.
- Realizing of several administrative tasks such as data entry of new clients / partners.
- Possible tasks depending on having business:
- Logistic warehouse tasks, control of receiving products into warehouse through w/h partners, daily shipments control, picking and packing tasks through them, contact with transport companies.
- Calculation of transport costs, creating of proposals to co customers and internally in the company networking, choosing of transportation routes.
- Making quotations to customers, own offices and network agents.
- Have a sales activity as well for approaching customers
- Negotiate rates with carriers and suppliers