The Manager, Recruiting - Corporate is a very exciting role that includes balancing the day-to-day tactical execution along with bringing innovation and developing an corporate recruiting strategy to identify top talent. Penske Truck Leasing/Penske Transportation Solutions global corporate offices are based in Reading, PA, and we are a top employer in the Berks County, PA area and home to all major supporting business functions. This position is open due to an internal transfer of incumbent to a field recruiting role.
In this role, you will lead a team of recruiters providing guidance and expertise around the staffing process, high touch sourcing, and technology utilization. This role collaborates closely with our corporate HR team, and works to identify prioritization and continuously refine strategies for talent. You will continually assess hiring team KPIs and staff performance through ongoing metrics, business impact assessments, and internal customer feedback. You will provide ongoing updates of hiring efforts to staffing leadership and corporate department leadership on a regular basis. At times you will be responsible for the use of and managing RPO and 3rd Party Vendor relationships and partnerships supporting salaried recruiting to ensure success. This position will report to the Director of Staffing Operations.
Qualified candidates for this role will have at least 5 years of progressive recruiting experience covering a wide variety of roles including hourly, supervisor and management level, and unique niche role recruiting. Candidates must also have at least 3 years of experience in managing direct reports, recruiting operations, and project management. The ability to actively listen and influence direct reports, peers, and leaders is essential to success in this role. You will be developing new recruiting strategies and processes to meet the business needs. This team will have a professional search firm mindset when hunting and sourcing talent.
This position will report to the Director of Staffing Operations and regularly interact with the Corporate Director of Human Resources, Corporate HR Managers/Representatives, and in collaboration with other staffing leadership peers. Travel expectations will be less than 15% to our operations with offsite offices.
- Facilitates efficient collaboration between corporate department leaders, HR leaders, and all Recruiting team members to ensure alignment to staffing needs and activities.
- Manage daily interaction of corporate openings hiring with all recruiters, and recruiting assistants including distribution of requisitions, balancing of recruiter workload, assisting with prioritization and productivity, assisting with issue resolution, and promoting behaviors that enhance customer satisfaction
- Directs and oversees all staffing activities. This includes developing market and role based strategies, workforce planning through connecting with department leadership for openings in short and long term, and collaborating closely with corporate HR team as new positions or new departments are designed.
- Continuously develop a culture of learning and incremental improvement across the recruiting team. Ensure Recruiters are consistent in their approach to following the recruiting process at Penske, verified through audits, assessments, and customer feedback
- Coach, mentor, and develop direct reports including Recruiters and Recruiting Assistants.
- Provide training on recruitment process and selection strategies to corporate department leaders, managers, and supervisors. Ensure that a clear story of the service levels provided by the staffing team, and the roles and responsibilities of those involved, are clear and understood.
- Oversee all necessary team management activities including associate relations, expense report management, training and company program compliance, and overall direct report engagement.
- Oversight responsibility for technologies including lead generation/CRM marketing tools, and Oracle/Taleo recruiting systems.
- Deliver key business plan information regarding expense projections, hiring need forecasts, and other business updates to Director or other HR leadership.
- Other projects as assigned by supervisor or other Staffing Leadership
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of recruiting experience of similar corporate role recruitment is required. This includes all levels of roles from hourly, to niche skill, to senior manager/director level roles.
- Experience managing external search firms and RPO firms is required.
- At least 3 years of management of direct reports are required.
- At least 3 years of project management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing role/function-specific staffing strategies and innovation ideas with clear results highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise applicant tracking systems required.
- Prior demonstrated experience using computer programs such as including Microsoft Office 365, Smartsheet, and internet search required.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to review reports and make recommendations
- Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers, managers, and leadership.
- Must have demonstrated internal customer service skills, including troubleshooting and problem-solving experiences.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize.
- Willingness to travel, up to 15% to assigned operations by car, plane, or train overnight, as required. Travel may occasionally be short notice as dictated by business needs.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an equal opportunity employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing:
Penske Truck Leasing is a Penske Transportation Solutions company headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske Truck Leasing operates and maintains an extensive fleet of vehicles and serves customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.pensketruckleasing.com to learn more.