Manager - Contract Administration(Job Number: 2212356)
This position is a multipurpose task position.
- It exists to manage the workflow in the department and supervise the Contract Analysts supporting the Solution Team.
- It exists to provide experienced based guidance, consultation, and recommendations to Penske Logistics Senior Leadership, Penske Solution team members, and Penske Logistics field operations. Recommendations include identification of contractual risks, explanation of contractual language, presentation of alternatives, and bringing attention to possible contractual gaps not addressed in customer proposed contracts.
- It exists to provide training to new and existing Penske Logistics associates concerning contract structure, contract language, and contract processes that support the Solution team and Penske Logistics field operations. (Associates commonly trained are Solution team staff, Project Managers, and Sales associates)
- It exists to assist the Solutions Team and field operations in securing new, additional and renewal business. For example, once a prospect/customer has communicated its interest in securing such a relationship contractually, Contract Administration will work with the Solutions Team until such contract is effective. This entails gathering data such as terms, conditions and operational descriptions, securing pricing and credit, working with PTL to secure equipment leases and literally writing a contract for legal review and subsequently, the customer's signature. Contract Administration is also responsible for communicating any such new, add or renewal business to the organization so that a customer's internal records for billing, accounting and the like are set up accordingly. Similarly, Contract Administration is also responsible for tracking and documenting (in the contract) all operational adjustments and communicating such adjustments to the organization so that internal records are up-to-date.
- It exists to develop and construct legal contracts and documents supporting the expansion in Logistics' product lines with broadening scope of support.
- It exists to develop and construct legal contracts and documents supporting the development of cross border activities between Canada, United States, and Mexico.
- It exists to assist the field operations in updating contracts for annual rate changes, standard equipment changes, and standard renewals. Responsible for obtaining signatures on final approved documents and distributing and scanning documents as required.
- It exists to provide for the preparation of third party Carrier schedules to document specific customer terms and conditions that vary from the Carrier standards. For example, comparing customer contract requirements against our standard Carrier agreements and preparing the necessary amendments.
- It exists to assist the backhaul program for fulfilling customers' empty lanes. Review the backhaul agreement, work with legal to finalize contract terms, and facilitate execution of the backhaul agreement.
- It exists to provide monthly sales reporting for the organization. This entails tracking all new, add and renewal business. This further requires validating all such business by securing credit, an approved proforma/pricing, a signed contract, and corresponding PTL Schedules.
- It exists to administer the Logistics Sales Commissions Plan. This entails tracking and observing deal activity; identifying gray areas; and communicating potential conflicts to Finance and HR leadership. This activity enables final judgment decisions to provide an opportunity for a commission payment.
- It exists to provide various reports to the organization such as the 60 Day Review and regular report outs on Worker's Comp. and A/L G/L rate information.
- It exists to coordinate contractual insurance and financial requirements with Risk Management and Finance departments. This includes ensuring adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition. This also includes supporting internal and external Audit requests.
- It exists to support Sales and Solution team members with the customer during contract reviews by understanding customer requirements and explaining Penske Logistics contract language.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. If no degree, equivalent work experience is required
- Paralegal Certificate preferred
- 5+ years business experience (transportation experience preferred)
- 3+ years of experience as a Contract Analyst
- 3+ years of Supervisor experience
- Intermediate - Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook, and OneNote
- Advanced - Legal Document Construction
- Intermediate - Legal Correspondence
- Intermediate - Time Management
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Listening/Speaking – understanding points being made, asking questions as appropriate, conveying information effectively
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Manage multiple project with competing deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.