Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for purchasing products and services for the Timken Drives facility in Fulton, IL. The buyer will order product to correct specifications and will assure all quality and schedule requirements are met. The buyer is required to maintain strong vendor relationships to assure long term supply at competitive pricing. They will also be responsible for maintaining proper inventory controls within the company guidelines.
Essential Job Duties:
- Review demand signals and purchase requisitions.
- Maintain supplier quality relationship by communicating with suppliers on rejected material, validating corrective action, and resolving financial impact.
- Place purchase orders, receive order confirmations, track purchases, and resolve invoice differences.
- Maintain the vendor base, reviewing vendor capacity, product and service quality, & ensure timeliness of deliveries.
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite is required, i.e. Excel, Access, Word, Outlook
- Some ERP/ SAP experience required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Attention to detail. Should be able to develop accurate written materials.
- Action oriented. Should be able to follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma required. Associates Degree (minimum) required. Two years of buying experience is preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.