Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Benefits Manager, you'll develop, implement, evaluate and maintain benefits programs, policies and procedures. In this critical role, you will also counsel employees and ensure that programs meet employee needs, comply with legal requirements and are cost-effective. If you're ready to embrace the challenge of working for a global company, we have the opportunity for you to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Manage benefit plans and vendors including medical, dental, vision, wellbeing programs and voluntary benefits
- Support the administration of the plans, respond to general inquiries from our TPA, HR and employees
- Ensure enrollment data is accurate and that spending accounts are funded timely; perform quality checks on data files
- Collaborate on benefit design and strategy, including wellbeing programs
- Lead communications efforts including Open Enrollment and ongoing programs and support HR initiatives
- Provide support to labor team in union negotiations and other efforts
- Collaborate in the actuarial review of benefit programs and plan design, ensure alignment with annual budget
- Oversee the preparation of all regulatory filings and audit activity including 5500s, discrimination testing, SARs and summary plan descriptions
- Ensure compliance with U.S. federal, local, state and country benefit regulations and requirements
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience in benefits administration
- Experience in project management
- Technical expertise in all areas of benefits administration and compliance
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR or related field
- At least one year of supervisory experience
- Ability to collaborate with HR business partners in resolving conflict situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills; ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and get along with diverse personalities
- A strong attention to detail
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.