In Penske Talent Development, it is our mission to create the experiences and resources for our colleagues to transform as human beings. In doing so, we grow the organization's capacity to serve our communities while being a positive force for good in the world.
Position Summary: (Remote position with travel as needed to facilitate sessions or advance initiatives within the organization approx. 25%)
The Manager of Talent & OD - Leadership will focus primarily on the development, evolution and execution of a variety of leadership development, emotional intelligence programs and solutions for leaders across the enterprise. This role will concentrate on the growth and development of first-level leaders who have newly made the transition from individual contributor to people leader. This role is responsible for the design, development and facilitation of Enterprise leadership programs, workshops and other customized development solutions that align with our mission and meet the needs of the business.
The role offers the opportunity to lead development initiatives at scale across enterprise and requires close collaboration with leadership, key stakeholders, and organization partners. The ideal candidate will be passionate and experienced in leadership, learning design, adult development, facilitation, and content curation.
The Manager - Talent and Organization Development (Leadership) will report to the Sr. Manager - Talent and Organization Development. This position is remote with the need to travel as needed to deliver sessions or attend events as well as to advance initiatives within the organization. Penske's corporate offices are in Reading, PA, 75 miles northwest of Philadelphia.
• Owns, designs, develops, and leads the first line supervisor strategy, portfolio, programs, and initiatives that link business strategies to individual and organization performance.
• Design and facilitate leadership programs and modules to the highest standards of program design and delivery. Use master facilitation skills and techniques to meet participants where they are and lead them toward their growing edge.
• Analyzes business context, stakeholder needs & industry trends to execute Talent Development strategy and accountable for ensuring the quality of needs assessments leveraging both Instructional and Organizational Design methods
• Successfully collaborates, leads and develops an engaged team as the portfolio expands.
• Align course content and pedagogy with Penske's stratified leadership, performance and development model.
• Analyzes business context, stakeholder needs & industry trends
• Create and maintain strategic partnerships with vendors, universities and other leading edge resources.
• Participate in leadership and stakeholder meetings by providing counsel on training needs for initiatives.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by the sr. manager.
• Bachelor's Degree Required, Master's degree in leadership, organizational psychology or equivalent preferred
• 5 years of Adult Learning & Development experience required
• 2 years' experience designing, developing, & delivering effective learning and leadership experiences
• Subject matter expertise in Talent and Organization Development methods and practices, including leadership development and emotional intelligence
• Experience with group facilitation
• Experience with platform training or public speaking, psychological assessments, HRIS interface, interpretation and consultation, and instructional systems design preferred.
• Must be able to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Experience with project management and program design / development / implementation preferred
• Expertise in needs assessment and consultation with business partners across a defined portfolio
• Consistently demonstrates exemplary follow through and proactive solution development to organization needs
• Experience teaching / instructing in a professional setting preferred
• Must be collaborative & work in a team environment
• Must have strong consulting skills
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
• Must be customer centric with excellent interpersonal skills
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
In Talent Development, we:
• Grow leaders at all levels of the organization
• Honor the wholeness of the human experience
• Explore multiple perspectives with inclusion and humility
• Stay connected to meaning and purpose
• Develop ourselves
• Stay curious and humble
• Stay in condition to make a difference everyday