Lovejoy, a business in the Timken family of brands, is hiring a senior cost analyst.
The purpose of the position is to support the Lovejoy controller in various closing, reporting, inventory management, and business planning activities. This includes daily, weekly, and monthly forecasting, budgeting, and reporting activities, as well as analysis of variances and their causes. Evaluations and recommendations are reported to the Lovejoy controller, plant management team, and Timken corporate finance, as required.
- Coordinate plant efforts for labor reporting, scrap and inventory reporting activities
- Assist in developing and maintaining annual budgets and product cost standards for plant product lines and part numbers.
- Assist in cost savings studies to support continuous improvement activities.
- Assist Lovejoy controller in daily, weekly, and monthly financial accounting closing processes.
- Provide cost information to processing departments, as required.
- Produce monthly reports for Lovejoy controller, plant management, and corporate requirements.
- Work with plant personnel to correct and analyze errors and inaccurate data.
- Work independently to complete tasks and communicate results, as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to lead efforts to yield accurate cost analysis and operational accounting
- Advanced MS Office skills: Excel, Access & PowerPoint
- Minimum of 2 years of SAP experience is required
- Ability to team with cross-functional team members and gain their cooperation to yield desired results, as well as an ability to work independently
- Project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required; Master's degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of costing experience is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in general accounting and finance, or FPNA is preferred
- CPA is preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.