This role is responsible for consulting with Penske's business leaders on the design and implementation of learning and development solutions that align to business strategies and meet associate developmental needs. At Penske, our truck leasing solutions allow our customers to keep their fleets running, their businesses moving, and their customers smiling. We are an integral partner in our customers' business.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to work with a passionate, progressive, and high-impact team that is really making a difference in the organization and ensuring our customers success. You will form strong internal partnerships with all levels of leadership as you look to understand their business, priorities, and challenges. On a daily basis, you will cultivate fresh perspectives in learning and development and see meaningful results!
Qualified candidates for this role will have at least 5 years of prior adult learning and development experience and optimally will have some level of specific consulting and facilitation in technical training experiences. Our global offices are based in Berks County, PA, which is 75 miles northwest of Philadelphia, PA. This position is remote.
• Excellence in design and delivery of the current and future learning design needs.
• Consult with senior leadership in assessing business needs to increase impact, to support the overall business objectives
• Operate and maintain Learning technologies and systems used in the delivery of instructional and/or interactive programs or courses
• Track completion data and key learning metrics; in addition to leveraging other systems and technologies needed for reporting purposes (i.e. HRIS)
• Designing and delivering engaging. high impact development experiences to our associates and managers (Virtually and In-person)
• Manage / create instructionally sound curriculum by evaluating content for currency and alignment
• Create and drive standards in program tools and assets across the learning function
• Work collaboratively within the HR Learning function and with other enterprise learning professionals
• Participate in leadership meetings by providing counsel on training needs and systems for initiatives.
• Own assigned programs and assist as needed across the learning team
• When possible, travel to field locations to ensure facility operations are fully understood.
• Coach, develop, and provide actionable feedback to others for individual development
• Other projects and tasks as directed by manager
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. If no degree, equivalent work experience is required. Masters Degree preferred
- 5 years of Adult learning and development experience required
- 3 years as an nstructional design or equivalent within a company working with stakeholders solving business needs
- Advanced proficiency in emerging technologies including Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, etc.
- Fresh thinking and strong curiosity for new technologies and process improvement
- 2 years of prior supervisor or mentoring experience preferred
- Demonstrated past proficiency of: Facilitation skills (Virtual and in-person), Knowledge of instructional design, performance consulting skills, and training administration/reporting required
- Strong executive presence, advanced verbal and written communication skills, and positive influencing skills are necessary for successful performance in this role
- Project management skills, organization skills, and strong time management skills are required
- Ability to partner with operational groups and other talent development team members to insure successful design and implementation of identified training programs
- Ability to work well independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision; strong sense of urgency
- Some overnight travel up to 10-15% may be required. Occasional day travel near corporate office location.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.