This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Import Customs Specialist RTW in Somerset, NJ
- Back up to import Desk which requires issuing payments and submitting Bills of ladings to carriers when needed.
- Process minimum 150 entries monthly based on volume
- Communicate with customers when necessary to verify information for classification etc.
- Work directly with local USA team currently Donna and Samantha for all clearances
- Communicate via email with Operations team in India for various documentation, issuing releases and DO for container pick up etc.
- Classify the imported merchandise for duty computation according to U.S. Customs Regulations and harmonized tariff schedule of the U.S.
- Review the shipment document for timely processing based on ETA.
- Review documentation making assessment of HTS accuracy, verifying country of origin/export, importer of record, terms of sale, and value of the shipments to ensure that entry can be processed accordingly.
- Process US Customs and Other Government Agency clearances
- Follow up on all customs and government agency exams and communicate status to Operations team
- Communicate effectively with U.S. Customs and other government agencies concerning the shipment status, and response with the information in timely manner.
- Exceptional communication with Importer and our operations team
- Provide the duty rate and update the current trade regulation to the importers and out quotation department as needed.
- Attend to any direct follow up request from management as needed
- Work minimum 40 hours weekly Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 5 PM with 30 Minutes lunch break
- Willing to work longer hours if needed
- Communicate any issues s in a timely manner.
- Attractive salary and benefits for the qualified candidate. For immediate employment