US3084 The SYGMA Network, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
$49,200.00 - $73,700.00
The compensation range provided is in compliance with state specific laws. Factors that may be used to determine your actual rate of pay include your specific skills, years of experience and other factors.
You may be eligible to participate in the Company's Incentive Plan.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
Analyze and maintain supply chain on proprietary and non-proprietary items to meet contracted customer needs, while serving as the primary in-bound contact for assigned vendors. Ensure contractual requirements are met in a manner that is most efficient and cost effective for the customer and SYGMA. The effectiveness of this position directly impacts service levels to our internal and external customers as well as SYGMA's operating costs. Responsible for achieving company financial goals for assigned products, which includes but is not limited to: PO accuracy (cost, quantity, dates) inventory shrink and managing inventory to lowest possible DSO.
- Manage forecasting and demand planning for proprietary and non-proprietary items for assigned vendors.
- Ensure high quality customer service and issue resolution related to inbound supply chain issue while meeting Purchasing Key Metrics.
- Strategize with Inventory Analysts to maximize inventory stocking efficiencies and develop reporting to identify inbound supply chain issues and resolve using DPR system (eg. Supplier performance summary)
- Troubleshoot inbound Supply Chain to ensure timely delivery by reviewing appointments, confirmations and logistical data.
- Manage and process purchase orders in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Demonstrate an intermediate level of proficiency of the Manhattan inventory planning tool DPR, to drive team's performance as indicated by DPR scorecard and dashboards
- Maintain PO product and freight cost accuracy.
- Manage forecasting and demand planning for customer events, business shifts, and seasonality changes.
- Negotiate and strategize with vendors to ensure no interruptions to inbound supply chain.
- Communicate closely with SYGMA sites and Corporate Account Management to help ensure operational efficiency, meet service needs, minimize expenses, and meet key metrics to increase profitability.
- Evaluate data and review reports to prevent and reduce overstock conditions, shrink, slow-moving and obsolete inventory. Work with Corporate Account Management and SYGMA sites to manage the disposition of slow moving and obsolete inventory.
- Analyze inventory to ensure DSO goals are met while maintaining optimal service standards. Determine alternative solutions to improve service levels and focus on actionable items that drive improvements with vendors.
- Collaborate with Logistics Team to maximize supply chain efficiencies and assist in sourcing freight opportunities.
- Engage with Pricing Team to resolve discrepancies on order confirmations in a timely manner.
- Execute enterprise merchandising initiatives; Inventory additives, DRP goals, service metrics.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of experience in Inventory Forecasting or Planning or Restaurant/Retail Management preferred. May substitute an equivalent combination of education and experience (i.e.; bachelor's degree and 2 years purchasing experience)
- Experience working within retail, restaurant, wholesale or distribution environment preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient Excel skills.
- Strong communication skills with stakeholders on any gaps in product service level.
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the enterprise.
- Superb attention to detail and follow up.
- Proactive attitude to highlight and address issues as they arise.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand/execute standard replenishment processes and best practices.
- Excellent tactical replenishment execution skills.
- Solid organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledgeable of product forecasting
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature
- Much of the time involves using a keyboard for email communication
- Must be able to read at distances close to the eyes, with or without correction
- Most of the day is spent in a comfortable office environment
- Occasional travel may be required by air and personal vehicle
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Fax, A/S 400 Computer system, DPR
License or Certification:
I verify to the best of my knowledge that I meet the requirements necessary to complete the essential duties of the job to the job
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.