Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Performs a variety of material handling and other miscellaneous duties to support the Bucyrus Bearing Plant.
- Transports tubing, forgings, in-process stock, finished product and other supplies around and between plants, performs related duties such as stacking pallets with forklift, picking up debris along roadways, collecting and disposing of hazard waste and debris, keeping equipment and work areas clean and orderly.
- Spot check weights once per month on steel bundles, keeps track of monthly color codes on steel so older steel is used first.
- Enters steel and forgings into MRP system, operates bar code scanner and enters into computer, fills out issue sheet, receipt sheet, return to stock and inventory move.
- Loads steel tubes into stock racks and inserts coolant plugs. Removes steel tubes from machines or stock racks as required.
- Attends chip disposal equipment for removal of chips from screw machines. Lifts, transports, and dumps chip baskets into auger for removal to semi-trailers. Levels chips in trailer using rake.
- Clears jams in sluceways, removes chips from screens in pits, cleans chips from augers and shaker conveyor, maintains skimmers using rake, chip hook and shovel.
- Relocates production trailers between plants and moves chip trailers to drain pad using semi-tractor.
- Attends to swarf disposal at finish buildings' hydromation. Repair wood and concrete floors, etc. using jackhammer, post hole digger, shovels, hatchets, etc.
- Changes heat treat quench oil filters. Services equipment with fuel, oil, water, and change batteries as required.
- Assist mechanics moving machines, equipment and during projects.
- Removes ice and snow using truck, tractor, salt spreader, snow thrower, shovel, etc. Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
Required Education/Functional Skills:
- Work experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to operate Powered Industrial Trucks
- Basic math and computer skills, knowledge of SAP is desireable
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors
- Proven record of reliable attendance, strong work ethic and team skills.
- Must have high school or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.