Penske is seeking a strong, passionate individual to provide leadership and expertise in selection efforts to further improve our talent acquisition function. The goal is to simply ensure that our organization has the necessary tools and training to find top talent to support our customers and our business.
In the role of Staffing and Program Manager, you'll assess, develop, and facilitate programs and processes that support the organizational staffing needs. This includes focus on interview processes and tools, pre-hire assessments, recruiter and hiring manager training, the background screening and clinical processes and referral and sign on bonus programs. As a member of the staffing leadership team, you'll provide partnership, training, mentoring, and monitoring of initiatives and efforts with our recruiting team. Upon successful mastery of the aforementioned responsibilities and demonstrated successful relationship building, business acumen, and project management, this role may evolve to serve as the leader of staffing operations.
This highly collaborative role will interact frequently with all members of the recruiting team, field HR teams, operations, Legal, and other corporate HR resources. This position will report to the Director of Staffing and will be located at the corporate offices in rural Berks County (Reading, PA), 75 minutes northwest of Philadelphia.
Qualified candidates will have no less than 5 years of progressive recruitment and or Project management experience with the ability to demonstrate subject matter expertise in selection methods and process implementation. This role will be responsible for change management and requires demonstrated experience in enterprise-wide or corporate initiative projects, program, and presentations to leadership teams. Prior staff management, HR or Project management certifications highly preferred.
- Assess, develop, and implement and monitor selection process, training and tools that increase the level of top talent in the organization while ensuring all processes comply with laws and regulations.
- Develop and coordinate delivery of selection training to both recruiters and hiring managers, with a focus on improving quality while maintaining efficiency. Collaborate with Legal and HR teams making sure all are trained in Excellence in Selection.
- Oversee the use of any pre-hire assessment processes used within the organization, managing vendors and regular validation studies.
- Manage the new hire background screening, drug screening, and DOT Physical process. This includes background screening vendor management and general issue resolution to ensure organizational screening standards are met in the United States and Canada.
- In partnership with the Talent Development team, look to create alignment between selection and development processes. This includes continued integration of competencies in selection, identifying internal opportunity awareness and organizational succession planning alignment.
- Provide coaching, guidance, communication, and influence of both the Recruiting team and Field HR in aligning organizational goals as well as internal mobility.
- Formulate workforce planning tools and strategies.
- Support any Legal and Compliance related requests with necessary details in a timely manner.
- Other projects as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years of prior staffing/operations management experience required.
- 5 years of large organization progressive recruiting experience required
- At least 3 years of experience in enterprise or corporate initiative program and project management required, influencing change in process or behaviors.
- Prior vendor management experience required
• Experience leading/managing projects and project teams is required; formal training in this area is a plus
• Extremely strong communication skills, including oral and written communication skills and strong presentation skills and meeting facilitation skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Visio and Project experience a plus
-Strong understanding of employment laws, and background screening laws highly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated strong organization and documentation skills, will be detail oriented, self-motivated, and demonstrate past ability to prioritize.
- Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers, managers, and leadership.
- Must have demonstrated internal customer service skills, including troubleshoot and problem-solving experiences.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to review reports and make recommendations
- Willingness to travel up to 20% to various locations by car, plane or train overnight, as required. Travel may occasionally be short notice as dictated by business needs.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Truck Leasing:
Penske Truck Leasing is a Penske Transportation Solutions company headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske Truck Leasing operates and maintains an extensive fleet of vehicles and serves customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.pensketruckleasing.com to learn more.