Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Gears & Services, Philadelphia Gear brand, is seeking a Service Center Engineer at the Mokena, IL regional service center. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of customer's specifications for the repair and upgrade of customer's equipment, and implementation of these requirements.
- Evaluation of the equipment sent in for repair, determination of the suitability of components for reuse, and the development and implementation of rework, quality and test procedures.
- Reverse engineering of non-PG components. Must have understanding of critical manufacturing tolerances.
- Develop detailed CAD drawings for unit upgrades.
- Failure analysis and development of technical reports for customers.
- Coordination of engineering and manufacturing activities at vendor facilities and other Philadelphia Gear locations.
- Assist in field sales efforts in making technical presentations to customers.
- Assist in technical training of shop personnel.
- Help maintain & support our ISO certification and quality system.
- Oversight in the resolution of field service problems.
Key attributes include the ability to multi-task, set priorities, meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and organization, set goals, ability to work as part of a team and the ability to interact with all levels of customers and internal support teams. Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software), strong written and verbal communication skills are required. This position requires a problem solver who is involved in all technical aspects that support the operations of the regional service center. Applicant must have 2 years of rotating equipment engineering experience and a bachelors degree in design or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university. Experience in Solid Works preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.