Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the equipment that keeps industry in motion.
**Position Summary: **
Timken Distribution Center is currently seeking warehouse associates for its facility located in Duncan, SC. A successful warehouse associate values safety, accuracy, productivity, and customer service. Primary responsibilities as a warehouse associate would include picking & packing, loading/unloading trucks with a forklift, managing inventory, operating machine pack & carton printing equipment.
Essential Job Duties:
- Move materials using powered industrial equipment (forklift, hand-crane, pallet jack, shrink wrap machine, etc.)
- Use hand-held scanner to manage inventory.
- Accuracy is critical - Associates must verify product information and customer specific information.
- Perform visual inspection to check for physical damage to product or packaging materials.
- Follow customer specific instructions to pack material into appropriate containers and apply labels as required by customer.
- Pick from and store product into system-directed locations and move to staging zone or conveyor as required.
- Problem solve / escalate issue affecting inventory and customer service issues.
- Sort customer orders for palletization and stage for shipping.
- Band boxes as necessary.
- Loads product on shipping containers and trucks.
- 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to complete production forms. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and plant leadership.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, crouch and use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 55 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 55 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Employee is required to wear steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
You should be proficient in:
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Meets Physical Requirements
- Packaging Experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.