Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Lays out work, sets up and operates machine tools, and performs any dismantling, fitting or assembly work required for plant maintenance, rebuild and construction.
- Receives instructions and prints regarding work assignments.
- Interprets drawings, plans, and determines working procedure. Orders parts for daily jobs and projects. Works with suppliers for best options available.
- Performs layout work and makes sketches of parts as required.
- Works closely with Engineering and Maintenance in the production of drawings and revisions to parts and assemblies.
- Calculates and determines dimensions, tapers, indices, and other data using shop formulae and handbooks.
- Procures or makes fixtures, or machine attachments required for the job.
- Sets up and operates machine tools, adjusts stops, feeds, speeds, etc. for efficient machining to specification. Selects and grinds tools for the job in accordance with hardness, machinability and other properties of parts or materials to be machined. Produces programs and edits computer-based machinery in the production of parts needed. Uses EDM equipment in the removal of broken taps and screws.
- Checks and measures work with gauges, micrometers, calipers, and other measuring instruments. Works with Corporate and Bucyrus district Engineering and Maintenance on the design and manufacture of parts and equipment.
- Dismantles, assembles, fits, levels, aligns, adjusts, and rebuilds machinery and equipment as required.
- Oil and water hardened parts made in the Tool Room as required using electric hardening and draw furnaces and quench tanks. Checks hardness using hardness testers after heat treating.
- Performs miscellaneous work such as lubricating machines and equipment, maintaining equipment and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.