Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
The objective of this position is to provide X-Ray Laboratory leadership. This position works closely with other engineers and specialists, Quality, Operations, Engineering, and project leaders to ensure that tests are developed and executed in a timely manner and in alignment with the needs of the Business Units and Technology. This position contributes to laboratory leadership from an advanced testing perspective to include developing and conducting associated testing, maintaining a safe/clean laboratory environment, and interfacing with team members in order to maintain equipment.
- Operation of X-Ray Diffraction, Optical Emission Spectroscopy, and X-Ray Fluorescence equipment.
- Maintain communication with appropriate associates and vendors.
- Assume responsibility for critical lab equipment calibrations, audits, preventative maintenance, and trouble shooting.
- Develop ideas for continuous improvement of laboratory productivity.
- Crosstrain in other Material Characterization Labs to provide backup.
- Complete 5S audits (as assigned), maintain a clean and orderly laboratory; ensure proper machine maintenance and operation and safe storage of chemicals and fluids.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills
- Basic knowledge of materials and associated characterization techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant industrial standards
- Experience with production processes
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
High School Diplomia with 7+ years or related experience, or
Associate's degree in Engineering, Business or related field with 3 to 5 years of experience, or
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or related field with 1 to 2 years of experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.