Save time and apply now using our quick application!
First Vehicle Services is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop serving the City of Pittsburgh fleet!
Union shop offers up to $37/hour, great health insurance, and a $5,000 sign-on bonus*!
First things First: Who are we?
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has provided efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services to governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States.
Shifts Available: 11:00 am - 7:30 pm or 3:00 pm -11:00 pm
Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- Up to $37 / hour based on experience, qualifications, and certifications (NOT flat-rate)
- ASE Bonus of $.25/hr for your first 7 ASE Certifications and .10 cents per hour for each ASE Certification past 7.
- $.30 per hour for every EVT Certification.
- Shift premium of $1.00/hour for afternoon/evening shifts
- A sign-on bonus* of up to $5,000 based on qualifications, experience, and certifications.
- Individual plans for medical, dental, and vision are only $34.75 a month out of pocket.
- Family plans for medical, dental, and vision are only $102.55 a month out of pocket.
- Two weeks of paid vacation time
- Nine days of additional personal paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- Annual tool allowance of $800
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Discounts on cell phone plans, new cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
About the Position
As a Diesel Mechanic with First Vehicle Services, you will help maintain and repair heavy trucks and other equipment to ensure vehicle readiness & safety. Other major job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all vehicle and equipment repair phases, including brakes, suspensions, engines, drivetrains, transmissions, and other repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
Qualifications for Diesel Mechanic
- Valid driver's license required; CDL preferred
- A class 7 state inspection license required
- At least 3 years of diesel maintenance & repair employment experience or a combination of technical school education & experience.
- Mechanic's toolset
- ASE certifications are preferred. Must be willing to participate in the company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!)
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
Get your career on the road with First Vehicle Services!
*conditions apply; offer expires 2/28/2023.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.