Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible to scope, lead and manage programs and projects that support the 0-12" TRBs Product Pipeline goals (AP Bearings & Package Wheel Bearings included), focusing on growth and business improvement tactics. This role will build plans and indirectly manage cross-functional teams to complete the defined deliverables according to project charters and timeline and in alignment with the organic growth process. This position reports to the Portfolio Manager for 0-12" TRBs and is located at our World Headquarters in North Canton, OH.
- Plan, lead and manage critical programs and projects on time and within budget while managing risk and meeting the project technical and financial requirements. Programs and projects can be variety of types and sizes, including:
- Organic growth projects and product launches, according to the Concept to Commercialization (C2C) process model
- New Product Introductions, launching new products and part numbers that fulfill Timken quality and customer performance expectations
- Cost reduction, continuous improvement, or product rationalization projects
- Coach and support the cross-functional project team to complete the planned deliverables, ensure that the appropriate rigor is applied to the team output, and drive alignment of activities throughout the project.
- Conduct stage gate review meetings, work with the project team to identify key risks, and develop mitigation plans.
- Communicate regularly to the key project stakeholders regarding the status of the project and key issues/risks.
- Identify gaps in execution and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Remain engaged within a community of practice among program managers in other parts of the organization.
Required Technical/Functional Skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated effective project management skills and disciplined approach to problem solving
- Robust communication network throughout the organization and ability to influence others
- Ability to manage high-performing, global matrixed/cross-functional teams to meet objectives
- Understanding of relevant business processes
- Ability to identify, manage and mitigate risks
- New product and business development experience
- Timken Quality Management System experience
- Proficiency in data management and analysis (SAP, BI, Power BI, MS Excel, DB applications, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or similar with at least 4 years of related experiences in new product and/or new business development.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven career of high performance through both technical and business development experiences.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.