Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to delivery on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Control the flow of materials throughout the facility by managing the wave planning, inbound receipt processing, and dock assignment activities, to help enable operations teams to meet daily production goals with minimal disruption. Collaborate with operations, systems, and maintenance functions to optimize product flow and scheduling. Monitor, report, and help resolve system, data, and work process issues that impact the facility's product flow. Supervise a shift of Wave Planners and WMS Super Users.
• Attend daily shift meetings with maintenance and operations staff to establish and review a materials flow plan that meets management's daily production goals and ensure a smooth information handoff between shifts
• Collaborate with inventory control staff to manage pallet positions/holdings to optimize storage, and report issues and propose solutions to capacity issues affecting materials flow
• Collaborate with maintenance function to prioritize and schedule maintenance events to plan required downtime, help resolve simple fault recovery and data issues, and escalate critical equipment and systems issues
• Monitor maintenance reporting and systems data for automation KPIs and performance, crane downtime, and system issues, and identify frequent issues to drive help drive root cause analysis and resolution
• Make midday and hourly adjustments to staffing and process flow as machinery and equipment become unavailable, and provide operations management with recommendations for labor utilization to adjust for anticipated surges and outages
What Experience You Need
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in operations or production control; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
What Could Set You Apart
• Bachelor's degree in operations management or related discipline.
• Supervisory experience.
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.