Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to delivery on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Janitor is responsible for cleaning and ensuring an orderly condition in the offices, break rooms, bathrooms, yard/ground, parking lots, warehouse, and/or dock areas. Ensures sanitation of work areas.
- Performs heavy cleaning duties such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish
- Performs maintenance activities
- Notifying management of need for repairs
- Cleaning snow or debris from grounds
- Monitor Pest systems
- Works safely and reports hazards to shift supervisor
- Performs other duties as assigned
What Experience You Need
- Ability to solve routine problems
- Ability to understand and follow all safety rules, procedure manuals, and diagrams
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn to effectively preform duties
- May work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings, as directed and authorized by management
What Could Set You Apart
- Certification in operating ____________ equipment preferred
- High School Diploma/GED Preferred
- Able to lift _______ pounds
- Able to read and understand safety protocol and other manuals pertaining to the location
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.