Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to delivery on their commitments.
What You'll Do
The Americold Internship Experience is a 12-week, full time, paid internship that takes place over the summer term in various locations throughout the country. During this experience, our interns will gain valuable knowledge related to Supply Chain while contributing to the one of the COOLest business sectors.
The internship opportunity will afford our interns to better understand of the supply chain industry, work on challenging and industry-specific projects, plus the ability to collaborate with organizational leaders, colleagues, and peers.
As an Americold Intern, the experience you will gain here will not only be essential to your personal and professional growth and development, but your contributions can make a vital difference for our company.
Learn fundamentals of the warehouse and distribution management in these areas:
- Warehouse/Facility Operations
- Process Engineering & Improvement
- Leadership & Safety
- Inventory Control
What Experience You Need
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college/university for an undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics, Operations , or related field of study,
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact comfortably at all levels of the organization including with senior level leaders
- Detailed oriented, multi-tasking, and analytical problem-solving skills
What Could Set You Apart
- Prior experience in warehousing or logistics
- Familiarity with SQL
- Preferably rising senior
- Data collection
- Database and query knowledge
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.