Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to delivery on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Provide assistance and guidance to fellow maintenance technicians in relation to all aspects of repairs, assignments, maintenance processes. Lead and coordinate the work of other maintenance technicians. Provide maintenance, MHE, and refrigeration support as necessary to ensure operational objectives are met. Assist supervisor/manager with daily operational needs. Will direct and oversee the work of contractors.
• Provides oversight to maintenance associates as necessary to ensure execution of department objectives/assignments, while performing duties associated with the maintenance technician role.
• Performs operation, repair and adjustment of refrigeration system. Monitors system performance and determine when system is not operating correctly and recommend corrective actions.
• Engages in troubleshooting of MHE, Building, and Refrigeration equipment systems to driving root cause analysis and implement proactive solutions.
• Replaces components within the refrigeration's system, with safe LOTO procedures and in accordance with PSM program. Able to perform basic pump out/evacuate refrigerant as necessary for valve replacement and/or repair.
• Analyzes equipment performance and develop solutions to improve reliability and availability.
• Reviews inspection and repair reports and observe progress of work on major overhauls to evaluate efficiency and work quality.
• Inspects completed work for compliance to blueprints, specifications, and safety standards.
• Leads and maintains Maintenance Excellence efforts across site to drive continuous improvement.
• Ensures accurate preventive maintenance records within the CMMS System
• Keeps work area and tools 6S'd (well maintained, clean, organized, etc.), and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
• Leads the capability development of facility technicians to increase functional understanding of equipment, troubleshooting skills, and technical competence.
• Ensures effective communication across all shifts of maintenance regarding execution of departmental objectives and assignments.
• Ensures compliance with all company, local, state, & federal regulations / policies.
What Experience You Need
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• 7 years' industrial maintenance experience.
• Completion of RETA Operator course preferred. In lieu of RETA course - successful completion of industry recognized Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration training (Stellar, Frick, GCAP/Lanier or employer comparable training program), equivalent in scope will be considered.
• CARO and CIRO certification preferred.
• Skilled in all disciplines of maintenance (industrial refrigeration, material handling equipment, dock door/leveler, plumbing, electrical, and building maintenance)
• Required to successfully complete assigned Industrial Refrigeration and maintenance courses.
• Required to train in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
• Certified to test sprinkler systems (where applicable) or able to gain certification within 90 days from hire date.
• High level of knowledge with OSHA PSM program required.
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP Preferred).
• Requires competent and demonstrable computer skills (MS Office Suite -Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Fully competent in mechanical knowledge and ability.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to oversee and inspect work performed by all levels of maintenance associates.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Proficient use of testing equipment.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts if required, including on call.
• Share knowledge, train and develop less experienced technicians.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of -20 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation).
• Must be able to work at heights in excess of 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to use hand and power tools.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses (use of contacts are prohibited when working with ammonia).
• Able to work nights and weekends.
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.