Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to delivery on their commitments.
What You'll Do
The Americold Internship Experience is a 12-week, full time, paid internship that takes place over the summer term in various locations throughout the country. During this experience, our interns will gain valuable knowledge related to Supply Chain while contributing to the one of the COOLest business sectors.
The internship opportunity will afford our interns to better understand of the supply chain industry, work on challenging and industry-specific projects, plus the ability to collaborate with organizational leaders, colleagues, and peers.
As an Americold Intern, the experience you will gain here will not only be essential to your personal and professional growth and development, but your contributions can make a vital difference for our company.
- Assist in developing and documenting current operational processes; work with operations, design engineering, and IE labor teams to understand work methods, process steps, and labor practices
- Learn and support major WMS and other systems conversions for our sites (JDA) to ensure launches occur without systems bugs/misses that affect customer service
- Learn and support the technical writing of the process sections of the Description of Operation (DOO) that acts as an owner's manual delivered to operations management; show how the design, process, people and technologies combine to run the building.
- Play an active role in developing, maintaining, and documenting all WMS processes and procedures to ensure adherence to the Americold Operating System standards. This includes general SOP's as well as site or customer specific processes and procedures
What Experience You Need
- Current junior or senior enrolled at an accredited college/university for an undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics, Business Administration, or related field of study
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact comfortably at all levels of the organization including with senior level leaders
- Excellent technical skills including a strong command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
What Could Set You Apart
- Prior experience in warehousing, distribution and/or logistics
- Exposure to labor standards or relevant course work. Acceptable courses may include, but not are not limited to Data Management and MOST certification
- Knowledge of AS400, RF Scanning, and JDA Warehouse Management Systems
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.