Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
As the Safety Supervisor you'll oversee the safety team to ensure compliance of all safety regulations and help us successfully achieve company and customer objectives. Your strong work ethic and attention to the small details will ensure our operations continue to run efficiently. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing dynamic company, join us at GXO Logistics.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Provide elevated support to the safety team, ensuring all aspects of safety compliance are met at the highest level.
- Maintain, coordinate and communicate environmental health and safety processes and procedures
- Review, administer, maintain and ensure compliance with company policies and various state and federal regulations
- Conduct on-site or virtual audits of facility requirements as it relates to environmental health and safety/security programs and initiatives
- Review, research, develop and communicate environmental health and safety/security programs and solutions initiatives; develop action plans as necessary
- Lead safety/security meetings, training and continuing education
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of related work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and computerized scanner equipment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent related work or military experience
- Solid time and project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize workloads
- Experience with environmental health and safety in a warehousing/distribution environment
- Understanding of industry-related state and federal rules and regulations
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.