Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position exists to ensure mobile sites (including Industrial Motion if requested) are capable of reliably providing quality products to meet the requirements of mobile customers while complying to all industry and regulatory standards. This position ensures proper implementation and interpretation of the Timken Quality Management System (TQMS), safe launch, safe exit, and continuous improvement as basis for results. This position provides support to technical solutions owned by Quality such as QIM and ensures data reliability, information availability, and delivery of key management reporting.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- QUALITY: Lead and/or participate in the resolution of mobile facility quality issues through identification of root cause and implementation and verification of effective, corrective and preventive action. Coordinate distribution, manufacturing, and other technical experts across the Timken network to solve these quality issues. Provide communication interface between facilities and support areas to promote the understanding of quality problems, needs, and improvement opportunities. Initiate, monitor, and communicate containments, Damage Analysis and Technical Service Requests (TSR's). Drive standard processes.
- SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION (MOC, QIM): Review/Approve Management of Change (MOC) workflows, create, update, and deliver training, maintain key information in shared environments, review and prioritize service requests, communicate regularly, develop and leverage STARs network, identify opportunities to influence investment in technical solution through global enterprise.
- TQMS & AUDITS: Successfully complete Timken Quality Management System (TQMS) audits at designated sites, including coordinating, creating reports, issuing corrective actions and follow-up for resolution. Monitor results and drive improvements in self-assessments at mobile sites. Act as a consultant to manufacturing facilities for TQMS module implementation and adherence across the Timken mobile facilities. Complete internal audits at Timken World Headquarters (WHQ) and other sites as needed, including coordinating, creating reports, issuing corrective actions and follow-up for resolution. Drive quality system and process enhancements to meet business objectives. Lead or support 2nd and 3rd party audits as required.
- DATA & REPORTING: Develop and maintain quality system reporting including: all weekly and monthly mobile quality metrics, audit results, quality event reports, cost of quality, etc. Provide updates to management and mobile team. Maintain mobile SharePoint site.
- PROJECTS: Create, deliver, and monitor safe launch plans and processes to mobile sites to ensure customer satisfaction as new products are launched through the supply chain. Lead mobile group metric improvement projects utilized standard quality engineering tools and principles. Participate in project and team activities and provide leadership in planning, development, launch and support for mobile related projects. Manage projects by coordinating and monitoring movement of activities throughout the organization to ensure that deliverables and due dates are maintained.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: Use the data acquired from performing the above activities, as well as external and internal resources, to identify and implement opportunities for improving quality. Use problem solving and process improvement tools such as Pareto analysis to perform this work. Develop, justify, and lead the implementation of process quality improvements. Develop, maintain, and deliver training to facilities and corporate entities for quality systems tools and processes. Provide front-line QIM support to global quality end users via training and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated skills & abilities in Timken engineering systems such as FPDB / PTSDB / MOC, SAP, Microsoft Office especially Excel, PowerBI, QIM
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of IATF, ISO and TQMS
- Knowledge of Quality Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, SPC, MSA and PPAP)
- Knowledge of manufacturing and inspection processes and environments
- Knowledge of customer and engineering requirements for mobile
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work in global environment recognizing cultural differences
- Auditing Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Learning Agility
- Team Building Skills
- Ability to educate and train others
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Science or related field with 7+ years of experience
- Masters Degree in Engineering, Science or related field with 5+ years of experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.