POSITION SUMMARY: The Sorter is responsible for safely and efficiently processing incoming recyclable materials so that outbound commodities are acceptable for sale to various brokers or mills.
Call Alton (855) 877-4847 to learn more about our opportunities!
- Sort and segregate recoverable materials (e.g., aluminum, plastic, glass, paper, etc.) from incoming waste.
- Deposit recoverable materials safely and efficiently into appropriate chute.
- Assist other sorters on an as-needed basis with heavy or bulky items.
- Follow all Company safety policies and procedures, including stopping the conveyor belt in emergency situations.
- Inspect incoming loads for unacceptable waste; remove unacceptable items as required.
- Communicate with equipment operators regarding incoming loads of special waste or other loads that require special attention.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working in a Recycling Facility sorting recyclable materials.
Please click APPLY BELOW and complete the short application that follows. You are still welcome to call Alton with any questions at (855) 877-4847.