POSITION SUMMARY: The Stationary Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe operation of stationary equipment at a recycling facility, hauling/collections locations or transfer station for the purpose of transferring, loading and/or compacting waste or other materials in an efficient and safe manner.
Call Alton (855) 877-4847 to learn more about our opportunities!
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors and rear view camera are clean. Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include: forklift, excavator, bulldozer, front-end loader, sweeper or baler and other stationary equipment using proper safety standards.
- Continuously monitor waste or other materials for evidence of unacceptable waste/materials.
- Identify and deposit waste or other materials into appropriate piles and stock baled trash.
- Load the transfer truck with a front-end loader and ensure complete capacity by packing down waste with bucket; regulate tonnage into the transfer trailer.
- Continuously observe packed waste/materials for signs of hazards, including smoldering, fire, etc.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
- Perform and document minor service on equipment, referring more complicated mechanical issues to Maintenance Shop for repair.
- Complete Equipment Condition Report and other reports, as necessary; report any necessary repairs to supervisor, as needed.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in heavy equipment operation.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
- Valid certificate(s) of training and applicable licenses for operation of equipment, as required.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company's safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks. Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Please click APPLY BELOW and complete the short application that follows. You are still welcome to call Alton with any questions at (855) 877-4847.