POSITION SUMMARY: The HHW Technician will provide onsite support for household hazardous waste collection days.
Call Alton (855) 877-4847 to learn more about our opportunities!
- Interact and provide instruction to town/city residents during collection events.
- Unload unwanted household hazardous waste from residents' vehicles.
- Ensure no material is spilled or released during the unloading process.
- Move materials and supplies as directed.
- Assist with site set up and break down.
- Coordinate and manage travel arrangements to HHW collection location as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to travel to job sites on time
- Ability to work within a team environment and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to interact with the public.
- 40-hour OSHA training preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- VALID Driver's License
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Please be aware:
Our company has a 'CLEAN SHAVEN' Policy- (A smooth shave permits a respirator mask to form a seal on your face.) This is a safety requirement of all technicians at this facility.
Please click APPLY BELOW and complete the short application that follows. You are still welcome to call Alton with any questions at (855) 877-4847.